Well the install couldn't have gone better. We scheduled for 5 days and it only took 4. Two days to pull the wire, terminate and certify the connections, and two days to hang the AP's and aim the antennas. I printed out the coverage pattern of each AP separately in Ekahau so my guys would know where to aim them and that seemed to work. The first couple of AP's were a bit challenging until we figured out the best way to use the beam clamps we had and the optimal mounting points for the antennas. Once we got that
down the rest went much faster. The arena has a jumbo-tron right in the middle of the ceiling and we happen to have an IDF down inside of it. This is where we pulled the wires to and mounted a 24 port mgig switch there. Worked out perfect because I used 24 AP's. We also used two 10 gig fiber up-links in a port channel to the building core. Since this is where I work and there is no one around because of the panic I was able to go survey anytime I liked. I ended up doing 4 different validation surveys just to tweak a few things and try and get it working the best I could. It's looking pretty
good so hopefully one day soon we can actually have events in there again and we'll see if I know what I'm doing.